Sonic Travel Testing Terms and Conditions of Use
Pathology is a specialist medical service.
The quality of our service depends on the accuracy of our information, including the details we collect from you and your use of our website.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this website, including the purchase of COVID-19 pathology testing for travel (Services) over this website.
- In using this website for these or any other purposes, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you must stop using the website. These Terms and Conditions must be read in conjunction with any other applicable terms and conditions governing the use of this website.
In these Terms and Conditions, the expressions 'We', 'Us' and 'Our' are a reference to Sonic Healthcare Limited and its related entities involved in the operation of this website and the delivery of pathology services including, for example, Sonic Pathology Australia Pty Ltd, Sullivan Nicolaides Pty Ltd and Beachhead Holdings Pty Ltd trading as SH Smart Solutions.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions (including the prices for the Services) from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on this website.
Your continued use of the website following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as amended.
- You must be over 18 years old to order Services using this website.
- The purchase of a Service does not involve any consultation with a health care professional and you should not disregard any, or delay obtaining, health-related advice from your health care provider because of something you may have read on this website.
- You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this website does not expose you to the risk of viruses or other forms of interference that may damage your own computer system. We do not accept liability for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this website or any linked website.
- You acknowledge that despite all reasonable precautions on Our part, there is a risk of unauthorised access to or alteration of your information contained on your computer system or on this website. We do not accept liability for any losses that you may sustain as a result of your use of this website.
- We are not responsible, and will not be liable, for the content or operation of any linked third-party websites or any goods, services, or content that they describe. Further, Our links with linked websites are not an endorsement or recommendation by Us of the operators of those linked websites, or of any products, services or content referred to on those linked websites.
- If you place an order for a Service on this website, you are making an offer to purchase that Service for the price specified on this website. Until We accept your offer in writing or provide you with the Service, We will not be taken to have accepted your offer for the Services.
- As part of the process of placing an order, this website will ask you to pay the price specified for the Service. All prices are shown in Australian dollars and include Goods and Services Tax (GST). You agree to pay Us the price specified on this website for the Service when you place an order on this website.
To place an order, you will need to:
Select the Service you wish to purchase
Fill out all mandatory fields
Review your details provided and accept all important notices
Enter your credit card details to complete your order.
If for any reason you wish to amend your order, please contact the laboratory that is performing your test. Help is available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Your Visa, Master Card or American Express account will be debited at the time you place your order. Your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express statement narratives will show SH Smart Solutions. (an ASIC registered trading name of Beachhead Holdings Pty Ltd) as the entity that has debited your account
We do not store credit card information. This means that each time you order, you will need to enter your payment details.
When you offer to purchase a Service, you must provide Us with all information requested in the mandatory fields on the website. You must provide accurate and complete information. If the information you provide is inaccurate or incomplete, or if We believe it to be inaccurate or incomplete, We may suspend or terminate your current or future use of the website.
- You may cancel Your order at any time up to 24 hours prior to the departure time specified in your order if you have not had a COVID-19 swab collected at the time you seek to cancel your order. To cancel your order, please contact our dedicated COVID-19 Hotline on 1800 026 622.
- If you are entitled to a refund, We will process your refund within five business days of receiving your cancellation request.
By using this website, you consent to Us:
using the information you provide to authenticate your identity;
collecting and testing your pathology sample(s);
retaining your information and results as the law requires;
contacting you, including leaving a message on the mobile number you have provided to Us, if there is a collection or testing issue;
contacting you if your pathology results are abnormal or are deemed notifiable by Us or by law;
sending notice of normal pathology results (non-infectious) to you via SMS message to Your nominated mobile number;
sending notice of abnormal pathology results (infectious) to you with follow up instructions via SMS message to your nominated mobile number;
reporting notifiable diseases (as set out in the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System from time to time) to relevant government health departments for follow-up and for the purpose of keeping statistical records; and
undertaking all other actions, or providing all other notifications, required by law to be performed or given by Us.
By using this website, you acknowledge and agree that:
- it is your responsibility to follow up with your health care provider;
- test results are usually available within two business days of visiting a collection centre, although some test results may take longer depending on the complexity of the test and the geographical location of the collection centre. Also, in circumstances where abnormal results require confirmation testing or inconclusive results require recollection and testing, the test results can be further delayed;
we will send an SMS message to notify you that your pathology test results are available. You should ensure that your mobile phone details are correct at the time of ordering and that your mobile phone privacy settings reflect your privacy requirements; and
we have no obligation to contact you personally about your test results, and you cannot claim against Us if We are unable to reach you after making reasonable attempts to do so.
We own and operate this website, and unless otherwise specified, all intellectual property rights in the content of this website (including website design, text, graphics, logos, icons, photographs, audio and video clips, software and code) (collectively 'Content'), are owned or licensed by Us. Content is protected by copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights.
We give you permission to use the Content for personal, non-commercial purposes only. Any unauthorised use of the Content may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these Terms and Conditions is hereby excluded. If legislation implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation prohibits Us from excluding or modifying the application of, or Our liability under, any such condition or warranty, that condition or warranty will be deemed included but Our liability will be limited for a breach of that condition or warranty to one or more of the following, at Our election:
the supply of the Services again; or
the payment of the cost of having the Services supplied again,
and if item (i) or item (ii) is not permitted under applicable legislation, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable legislation.
To the extent permitted by law, Our maximum aggregate liability arising from any Service provided will be the price of the Service ordered. We will not be liable for special, indirect, consequential, or punitive loss or damage or loss of profits or anticipated profits which may be suffered or incurred by you which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of Services supplied or in respect of any failure or omission on Our part to comply with Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- This website (including the Content) is designed and intended for users in Australia. We make no representation that this website is applicable to, appropriate for, or available to, users in locations outside Australia. If you choose to access this website from a location outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
- Overseas customers may purchase Services, provided they have a valid Australian mobile number and are able to attend a participating pathology collection centre in Australia.
You will not, and will not allow a third party to:
attempt to defeat, circumvent or disable any protection mechanism in the website;
probe or attempt to penetrate the website including unauthorised access to or use of data;
modify, alter, or tamper with the website;
introduce or attempt to introduce any form of a computer virus, malware, worm, or other form of malicious software to any part of the website;
impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation;
use the website for a commercial purpose;
frame this website; or
use this website in a manner that is unlawful or would infringe the rights of another person including any intellectual property rights.
We may at any time immediately terminate your access (including restricting access) to this website for any reason (including due to your breach or alleged breach of these Terms and Conditions) in Our sole discretion and without prior notice.
There may be circumstances where We cannot perform obligations that We have agreed to because of something beyond Our reasonable control which may include, for example, severe weather, epidemics, pandemics, actions of a government body, industrial disputes, technical difficulties, and power outages.
In these cases, you agree that We do not have any liability for not meeting Our obligations.