Fast and convenient COVID-19 testing for travel
Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology (DHM) performs COVID-19 real-time RT-PCR and IgM antibody screening for international travellers at select COVID-19 travel testing collection centres in NSW.
As border restrictions ease and travel resumes, many countries, airlines and ships may require COVID-19 testing for travellers prior to entry or service use. Testing requirements change rapidly and will vary depending on where you travel.
IMPORTANT: If you order your test through DHM, you must have your sample collected at one of our collection centres in NSW. If you are departing from a different state or territory, you can select the appropriate Sonic practice to order your test here.
How it works
Ordering your test is a quick and simple three-step process. When you are ready to place your order, we recommend using our collection window calculator located below to help plan for your testing.
A doctor referral is not required | No Medicare rebate is available
- COVID-19 PCR swab $145 (AUD)*
- COVID-19 PCR swab & IgM antibody $195 (AUD)*
*Pricing is subject to change.
Find your 'collection window'
Use our testing timeline calculator to determine when you need to get tested before travelling
It is essential you check with your carrier, transit and destination countries for the timeframe within which you need your COVID-19 test performed. Carriers may refuse boarding if testing was performed outside their required window.
To allow time to process your sample, you must present as soon as this window opens. If samples are collected in the red window, we cannot guarantee you will receive your report in time.
Testing timeline calculator
2. Order and pay for your COVID-19 test online
3. Find out where we can collect your sample
4. Receive SMS notification of your test results
1. Order and pay for your COVID-19 test online
Pathology testing must comply with the travel requirements for your destination.
It is essential that you check with your destination or transit country, embassy, travel agent, airline, and/or shipping line for the required timeframe in which you need to demonstrate a negative COVID-19 test.
Once you have completed your order, you will receive an email with your password-protected request form/tax invoice attached, along with password instructions. Print your prepaid pathology request form and take it to your collection centre or present it on your mobile device.
You can pay for your test online using Mastercard, Visa, or AMEX.
- Ensure that you save the tax invoice as it contains your 4-digit access PIN that you will need to open your pathology report.
2. Find out where we can collect your sample
Find your nearest Sonic Travel Testing COVID-19 collection centre. Collections are performed at select travel testing locations.
Click one of the links below to find a filtered list of DHM locations based on the COVID-19 travel test required:
- Please remember to only present within your collection date and time window that is specific for your travel plans.
- You are required to present to the Sonic pathology collection centre that was specified during the ordering process. Please ensure you choose a collection location that is convenient for you to attend.
- If you present within 24 hours of your departure time, we cannot guarantee that your results will be available prior to your departure.
Remember to look for this symbol when visiting the collection centre
3. Receive SMS notification of your test results
Test results are typically available within 24 hours after visiting a COVID-19 travel testing collection centre.
In circumstances where there is an increase in demand for testing, there can be a delay. Please ensure you present for collection as early as possible in your testing window.
When your test is complete and the result is negative, you will receive an SMS 24–48 hours after your sample is collected. If you do not receive an SMS after 48 hours, please phone the testing laboratory via our dedicated COVID-19 Hotline on 1800 026 622 (Mon–Fri 9 am–5 pm, Sat 9 am–12 pm).
The SMS contains a secure link to view your results. You will need the 4-digit PIN provided on your tax invoice to access the result. You must save these results to your mobile device and printing them is recommended.
In the unlikely event that your results are positive for COVID-19, you will be contacted by the Public Health Unit of the state where your test was collected. You must self-isolate immediately and wait until you are advised by the Public Health Unit of your next steps.
You are not able to travel at this time.