The National Cervical Screening Program has introduced significant changes to the way cervical screening tests (CST) are performed in Australia.
Sonic Healthcare has created a CST audit to provide participating general practitioners with comparative statistical data to better understand the clinical implications of the new reporting systems, and to reflect upon possible practice improvements and learning opportunities.
Continuing professional development
RACGP – QI & CPD program (Women’s Reproductive Health activity)
40 category 1 points + QI component are awarded to eligible participants who complete the audit (i.e. reviewing interval reports and submitting evaluation questionnaires for two consecutive time-intervals).
ACRRM – PRPD points
30 PRPD and 30 Obstetric MOPS points per triennium are awarded to eligible participants who complete the audit (i.e. reviewing interval reports and submitting evaluation questionnaires for two consecutive time-intervals).
– To reflect on clinical outcomes by comparing personal findings to a pool of your peers as well as the national GP cohort, including:
- the frequency of routine, symptomatic and follow-up patient presentations
- the incidences of HPV types
- the relative sample adequacy
– To look for practice improvements and educational learning opportunities