Genetics Product Specialist - Liaison Manager
Refcode: R0008 Genetics Liaison
Apply before: 31/01/2020
Position type: Full-time
Location: Macquarie Park Laboratory
An exciting new role and opportunity is available for a Product Specialist in Genetics to join the Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology liaison team. The appointee will be the genetics “expert” for the Douglass Hanly Moir, Southern IML and Capital Pathology, reporting to the Client Services Manager, Zita Dettori and in working in close collaboration with the Sonic Genetics National Business Development Manager, Andrew Shine. The appointee will work with the local client liaison staff and with the genetic testing labs to provide expert advice and sales support in genetics throughout the entity. The Genetics Product Specialist will be part of a network of genetic specialists across the Sonic’s pathology entities in Australia.
- Primarily responsible for educating, promoting and selling the entire portfolio of genetic services to external clients and prospects of the entity (and associated entities)
- Establish relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) and specialists that will develop awareness of the Sonic Genetics brand in specific disciplines
- To be the expert and “go to” person for the other liaison team members, front-line staff, prospects and customers in order to deal with genetics services enquiries
- To assist, train and empower other members of the liaison team to confidently detail and sell genetic tests
- Supporting the local divisions to achieve market dominance for the service offering
- Conduct sales calls to the customer base within the local territories
- Empower and train the local staff to be confident and knowledgeable of the genetic pathology service offering
- To have an in depth knowledge of the service offering, its accessibility, advantages over alternate tests and territory specific practices
- Work with the local entity to develop and successfully execute a territory plan for the allocated territory
- To communicate effectively with both customers and Sonic staff building rapport to achieve friendly and professional business relationships
- Promote the Sonic service offering at trade shows, dinner events and forums as required
- Maintain a constant line of communication with both the entity Business Development Manager and the Sonic Genetics National Business Development Manager
- Maintain relationships with the testing laboratories and/or other genetic product specialists
- Meet with genetic team at least quarterly – probably interstate
- Retain a strong knowledge of the genetic tests offered; this will require on-site training
- To work with Sonic Genetics National Business Development Manager to establish roll-out plans for Sonic Genetics services
- A minimum of two years’ relevant experience
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant scientific qualifications
- Enthusiasm for genetic testing in healthcare
- Experience with genetics would be ideal
- The ability and preferably successful track record of being able to quickly establish credibility with medical practitioners, specialists and other professionals through a collaborative and consultative approach to the role
- Strong analytical skills in relation to territory planning and working with a remote manager and federated model
Training regarding the investigations we provide such as preconception, prenatal, oncology, pharmacogenetic, cardiac and paternity testing will be provided and you will be expected to maintain and grow your knowledge in these fields
Applications, detailing relevant experience, should be emailed by January 31, 2020 to Zita Dettori, Client Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org and Andrew Shine, Business Development Manager email@example.com .
Prior to and at all times during employment, applicants for this position must have the appropriate working rights to work in Australia and will be required to sign an acceptance that the company may conduct a Police Check.
Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology is an equal opportunity employer.