Senior Medical Scientist/Health Professional - Campbelltown/Liverpool Areas
Apply before: 22/08/2022
Position type: Full time
Location: Campbelltown/Liverpool Park, NSW
Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology is part of Sonic Healthcare, an international healthcare company focused on delivering high quality, independent services in pathology, medical diagnostics and multidisciplinary medical practices. The Company is committed to a set of Core Values that guide the internal behaviour of our staff. We seek to recruit employees who share our commitment and enthusiasm for this vision.
About the role:
• Exciting opportunities exist for enthusiastic experienced scientists to join our Campbelltown and Liverpool Branch laboratories on a permanent full-time or part-time basis.
• The roles include performing blood film morphology, transfusion, coagulation, biochemistry as well as general laboratory duties.
• The position will require you to work effectively and efficiently as part of a team.
• Rostered hours will vary to cover the operational hours of the laboratories, Monday to Friday, and will require participation in the on-call and weekend roster.
1. Appropriately qualified – degree in Medical Science or recognised equivalent
2. Eligible for professional membership of the Australian Institute of Medical Scientists
3. Experience in a diagnostic laboratory with Australian industry experience
4. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
5. The ability to work in a team environment without direct supervision
6. An understanding of quality control techniques
7. Proficient, motivated and organised with good attention to detail
8. At least 2–5 years’ experience in blood film morphology and transfusion is desirable
9. Must be able to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications, quoting reference (R22116) in the subject line of your email, should be sent, by Monday, 22 August 2022 , to the Human Resources Department firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this position must have the appropriate working rights to work in Australia, and will be required to sign an acceptance that the Company may conduct a police check.
Applicants must be willing to be vaccinated against COVID-19 including booster shots and have an Influenza vaccination annually
Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology is an equal opportunity employer.